Final Reflection

Throughout the course I have learned many things in which some might be seen in the upcoming pages.At the beginning of the semester I learned that each piece of writing represents the rhetorical triangle.Through the middle of the semester I learned about finding a research problem and what isn’t a research problem. The final thing I learned through the semester is how to write a paper and one of the best ways to write one.

The rhetorical triangle is in basic piece of writing, in which helps you understand the writing. On part time of the triangle is the writer, proving their credentials, finding out who they are and what  they are an expert at. A second part of the triangle is for the audience, who is the writer writing too. Most likely the writer is writing for people that are expert in the topic or studying the topic. The final part of the triangle is the message the writer is trying to give the message in research papers is most likely a research problem or more simple the “gap in research”.

The “gap in research” is basically something that is missing in a lot of research. Through this I was able to learn what is a research problem and that in a research paper you shouldn’t be summarizing work.Instead people should look up work to back up their thesis/research problem/research paper.For example, there are many research about women in Iran, the differences between them and how they engage in politics. However I notice that there are very few research about men and how they are different. In most research of Iran, many clumped the men as the same and as a man that truly bothered me. So I took upon myself to research men and see if they are all the same, and thus I found my research problem and decided to find it.

Now that I’ve found the “gap in research” I wanted to use a specific source in order to place my research upon.Therefore I decided to use Iranian Cinema to view these differences. While viewing these differences is somewhat good, I decided to answer another question in which how those differences affected on how men treat women. I decided to look for other articles to support my claim and prove that we are not all the same in Iran.That like women they are also different and should not be clumped together.

The final thing I was able to learn is how to write a research paper and some tips that will make a good research paper. I learned that you shouldn’t just talk about your research but also prove why some other research is wrong.That you should add counter arguments to your research, adding counter arguments make your research paper stronger. This also helps people believe that you know what youre talking about bands should not take your writing lightly.

Throughout the course I learned many things, I also learned how to write a proper college paper for the first time. I have seen that my writing has improved and gotten better throughout the course.